from the Steven P. Wickstrom
University of Hard Knocks
(not yet accredited)
University of Hard Knocks
(not yet accredited)
Steven P. Wickstrom
- The ability to laugh at yourself is the foundation for a sense of humor.
- Anything which has not been attempted, is impossible.
- Grace: We get what we don't deserve.
Mercy: We don't get what we do deserve.
- The beauty of Innocence, is its vulnerability.
- Sometimes, when you don't know what to do next, it is best to do nothing. Wait until you know what to do, before you act.
- Always leave the toilet seat down.
- Knowledge is the accumulation of facts and information; Wisdom is the ability to correctly use or apply the facts and information.
- The price of sight is risk and faith. People choose to be blind because they think blindness has no cost.
- Before you judge someone for something, first be absolutely certain that you yourself are perfect.
- The fruit of the Spirit is the fruit of God's Spirit, not the human spirit; therefore, the more of God you have in you, the more fruit you will have in your life.
- In nature, objects follow the path of least resistance. In order for a Christian to grow, he or she must follow the path of most resistance.
- The definition of Sovereignty: God is God, and you are not.
- Everything God does in our lives, he does to make us dependent upon Him&.
- The best thing to do when you make a mistake, is to learn from it and move on.
- What we go through in our past, and how we react to it, shapes us into whom we are today.
- I once heard it said that, “Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.”
- It is often said that you can't take anything with you when you die. But I believe we can take whatever our heart's can carry.
- To prevent sunburn, you must reduce your exposure to the sun. To prevent apostasy, you must increase your exposure to God's Son.
- God is not looking for people who are qualified for the job, He is looking for people who are available.
- Perhaps if we spent more time on our knees, we wouldn't fall down as much.
- If something needs to give - perhaps it should be me.
- There is always someone who will blame you for their incompetence, but God's grace takes responsibility.
- There is an old saying: “You can count the seeds in an apple, but you can't count the apples in a seed.” The good works you do for God are the seeds that you plant.
- If you were to ask me where to find God, I would tell you to look just beyond the shadow of a doubt.
- God puts inconsiderate people in the world so that we will not take consideration for granted.
- The problem I have with making mental notes is that I always forget to read them.
- You are either part of the problem or part of the solution. Most people choose to be part of the problem because it takes less effort than being part of the solution.
- When you obey God, He is responsible for the consequences. When you disobey God, you are responsible for the consequences.
- What we disagree about is sometimes not as important as how we disagree.
- The definition of responsibility: I don't have a problem, I am the problem.
- If you are going to be a bumper sticker Christian, be sure you drive like one.
- God tests to bring out our best. Satan tempts to bring out our worst.
- Your actions are speaking so loudly that I cannot hear what you are saying.
- Your conduct either confirms or contradicts your confession.
- You must be heavenly minded to be of any earthly good.
- Grief is God's love expressed through tears.
- If we are not transparent, God's love cannot shine through.
- The definition of hope: confident expectation of God's best.
- Unlike a knot, sin cannot be undone, only forgiven.
- Many times we hear God's voice and choose not to act. We then decide that we did not hear God's voice at all.
- Assumption is the lowest form of knowledge.
- Spiritual maturity is a by-product of suffering.
- Sin that is tolerated by one generation, will be accepted by the next generation, and embraced by the generation after them.
- Vision: God's gift that allows us to see what cannot be imagined.
- You can say what you mean without being mean in what you say.
- Sometimes the most spiritual thing you can do is to simply slow down. It can be very difficult to hear God when you are speeding down the highway of life.
- I am lying to myself whenever I think; “I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it.”
- The phrase “Christianity is a relationship, not a religion” is misleading. Christianity is a religion, however, the religion is the relationship, or, the relationship is the religion.
- Short term pleasure is not worth the long term pain it causes.
- The opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference.
- If you want to be humble you must start with being thankful. Humility is a byproduct of gratitude.
- True humility is not the capability of thinking less about yourself; it is the capability to think about yourself less.